Sunday 28 March 2010

Easter Chocolate Festival, Southbank Centre




Yesterday I met my friend Mark aka 'the brunette' and took a stroll down to Southbank to check out the chocolate festival going on. Recent posts paint me as a bit of a chocoholic which isn't the case as I'd choose a scoop of Ben and Jerry's caramel chew chew over a bar of Dairy Milk any day but I haven't been observing Lent over the past month so why neglect the stuff?!

We had mistimed a late lunch at the Anchor & Hope and they had stopped serving so we had a few hours to kill before dinner service and checked out the Easter treats on offer. They had oodles of eggs, organic hot chocolate, fudge, truffles and best of all churros! See the brunette above feasting on a cinnamon sprinkled pot of it.

I bought a William Curley sea salt caramel egg to take home at the end of the week. The price tag was slightly ridiculous (£27!) but it will be our last Easter in the family home before my parents move out so I thought I'd push the boat out. Curley has a shop in Richmond and Belgravia and his rosemary and olive oil chocs featured on Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets recently as he's one of Blanc's proteges. At the stall they were offering out some samples of his miso and walnut biscuits which had a nice crumble and subtle saltiness. I hope the egg doesn't disappoint - if it's good I'm going to head to one of his shops to try the apricot and wasabi and Japanese black vinegar creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment