Wednesday 3 March 2010

Bourne & Hollingsworth, 28 Rathbone Place, W1

One portion of Thai calamari and a massaman duck curry heavier me and some girls from work were in serious need of a drink last night so headed down to the Fitzrovia basement bar, Bourne & Hollingsworth.

This trendy little find is on the crossroads of Rathbone Place and Percy Street and is well worth exploring. I like it for its kooky time-warp entertainment; it’s seriously old skool from the floral living room wallpaper, teacup candles and crooked chairs to the decorative empty Mumm bottles and spirits behind the bar.

Cocktails are pretty reasonably priced- my friend Leah very kindly treated me to a mocha cocktail topped with coffee beans and served in one of granny’s china cups with two dark chocolate fingers. It was bitter sweet and delicious though probably not one for a school night- the caffeine kept me up until the early hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment