Monday 3 May 2010

Banana tarte tatin

This dessert was a personal triumph so felt the need to post evidence on here. I've never made tarte tatin as pastry scares me a bit but this was one of the easiest puddings I've made.

It's one of Jamie's creations (again, sorry!)- melt 60g butter and 150g caster sugar to form a caramel, pour into a baking tin, press four sliced bananas face down in the caramel, sprinkle with cinnamon and zest of half an orange (nearly didn't add this because I'm not keen on bits of zest/candied fruit etc.) and top with a sheet of puff pastry (250g).

Cook in an oven at 180 degrees for half an hour- actually took me nearer 45 minutes- despite the fan oven- to get the pastry nice and brown. Flip out onto a plate. Serve with vanilla ice-cream/creme fraiche and some flakes of dessicated coconut. Done! Sooo good- the zest added a whole new dimension and there were no bits, they melted into the smooth caramel- absolute dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment